Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Details, Free for Two Days
The first multiplayer downloadable content pack, Resurgence, for Mass Effect 3 will be available soon to download for owners of Mass Effect 3 for no additional charge, but you must download by April 12th.
The Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Pack adds two new maps to the game’s critically acclaimed cooperative multiplayer experience, along with a variety of new playable characters, new weapons and new items that can be unlocked by acquiring reinforcement packs in the game’s multiplayer store. The Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Pack will be available for download on April 10 on Xbox LIVE, the Origin client software and PlayStation Network in North America, and PlayStation Network in Europe on April 11.
The Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Pack includes the following content:
- Two New Action-Packed Maps – Take the battle to Firebase Condor, a warzone outpost located on one of Palavenís moons and Firebase Hydra, an old abandoned quarian colony which has since been converted into a critical power facility. Each map represents a crucial asset in the overall fight against the Reapers.
- Six Powerful New Unlockable Characters – Assume the role of new characters for each class, including the Asari Justicar Adept, Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard and characters from new playable races with the Batarian Soldier, Batarian Sentinel, Geth Engineer and Geth Infiltrator.
- Lethal New Weapons – Obliterate wave after wave of enemies by unlocking the Striker Assault Rifle, Kishock Harpoon Gun and Geth Plasma SMG.
- New Consumables – Cash in your credits to purchase reinforcement packs that could include the following new consumables:
- Strength Enhancer – Applies a melee damage boost for one mission
- Targeting VI – Applies a headshot damage bonus for one mission
- Stabilization Module – Stabilizes weapons while firing and moving for one mission
- Shield Power Cells – Shortens the length of time shields take to begin recharging for one mission
As part of the Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War (with online pass) system, success in the cooperative multiplayer experience in Mass Effect 3 links back to the player’s single-player campaign, helping Commander Shepard rally the forces of the galaxy to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all. Multiplayer puts players in the role of a team of elite Special Forces soldiers sent to protect resources and assets that can help the greater war effort.